Re: plperl function to return nulls

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: plperl function to return nulls
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 10:52:23AM +1200, Brent Wood wrote:
> I have a plperl function returning an int. The int is returned as the
> result of a system call.
>
> It is set to return a null if one of the inputs is null, but I can't see
> how to return a null if the result is indeterminate. The function
> currently returns a 0 instead.
>
> How do I stick an if in the function to return a null where appropriate?

From the PL/Perl documentation:

"As shown above, to return an SQL null value from a PL/Perl function,
return an undefined value."

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/plperl.html

Is that what you're looking for?

--
Michael Fuhr

От: Mario Weilguni
Сообщение: Re: How to modify a tuple returned by SPI_copytuple?
От: "Pierre Racine"
Сообщение: HELP - Recover function delete