Re: BIG installations of PostgresQL?

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: BIG installations of PostgresQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Take a look at http://www.postgresql.org/about/casestudies/ for some
examples of use. Looking through the pgsql-advocacy mailing list might
provide some more cases as well. Of the top of my head, I believe
there's at least one national banking system running on PostgreSQL, as
well as all of the .org TLD.

BTW, how do you define 'huge data sets' and 'huge query rates'? Some
people have pretty skewed ideas about what 'huge' is. :) I maintain
http://stats.distributed.net, which has a ~12G database on the backend;
many would think that's huge; I think it's at best small-medium.

As for support, as others have mentioned there are commercial companies
(such as mine) that will sell support. Plus, the support from the
community is generally top-notch as well.