Re: Duplicate Values or Not?!

От Mike Nolan
Тема Re: Duplicate Values or Not?!
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I don't know if it's guarenteed by spec, but it certainly seems silly
> for strings to compare equal when they're not. Just because a locale
> sorts ignoring case doesn't mean that "sun" and "Sun" are the same. The
> only real sensible rule is that strcoll should return 0 only if strcmp
> would also return zero...

I disagree.  Someone who wants true case independence (for whatever reason)
needs all aspects of uniqueness such as selects, indexes and groups
treating data the same way.

This needs to be something the person who creates the instance or the
database can control.
--
Mike Nolan

Сообщение: Re: Duplicate Values or Not?!
Сообщение: Re: Duplicate Values or Not?!