Re: help needed for functions

От Dinesh Pandey
Тема Re: help needed for functions
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Yes, you can use “SETOF” for multiple records.

See Examples

CREATE TABLE department(id int primary key, name text);

CREATE TABLE employee(id int primary key, name text, salary int, departmentid int references department);

INSERT INTO department values (1, 'Management');

INSERT INTO department values (2, 'IT');

INSERT INTO employee values (1, 'John Smith', 30000, 1);

INSERT INTO employee values (2, 'Jane Doe', 50000, 1);

INSERT INTO employee values (3, 'Jack Jackson', 60000, 2);

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION GetEmployees()

RETURNS SETOF employee

AS

          'select * from employee;'

LANGUAGE 'sql';

CREATE TYPE HOLDER AS (departmentid int, totalsalary int8);

CREATE or replace FUNCTION SqlDepartmentSalaries()

RETURNS SETOF holder

AS

'

    select departmentid, sum(salary) as totalsalary from GetEmployees() as a group by departmentid

'

LANGUAGE 'sql';

----------------------------

select * from SqlDepartmentSalaries();

--We can do the same in PLPGSQL in this way.

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION PLpgSQLDepartmentSalaries()

RETURNS SETOF holder

AS

'

DECLARE

    r holder%rowtype;

BEGIN

    FOR r in select departmentid, sum(salary) as totalsalary from GetEmployees() group by departmentid

    LOOP

        return next r;

    END LOOP;

    RETURN;