Re: Strange Bug in exim4 postgresql lookup code or libpq?

От Alexander Neumann
Тема Re: Strange Bug in exim4 postgresql lookup code or libpq?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

* Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 03:14:10PM +0200, Alexander Neumann wrote:
> > I'm using exim4 together with postgresql.  Sometimes, data lookups fail
> > mysteriously and on the exim side nobody was able to help.
>
> The server log said:
> 2005-09-01 18:19:01 [5462] LOG:  statement: SELECT sa_tempreject_score FROM
> exim_virtual_addresses WHERE domain = 'xxxx.org' AND (mailbox = 'xxxxxxxxx' OR
> mailbox = '*') ORDER BY mailbox DESC LIMIT 1
> 2005-09-01 18:19:01 [5462] LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection
>
> It's not clear if the EOF was caused by exim not closing down properly
> or something else. There's nothing special about the domains you've x'd
> out?

Nop. The query works and returns the expected results when cut&pasted from
the logs (either exim or postgresql). I even sniffed the smtp dialogue and
tried to reproduce it, without any success (it just works if i'm trying it).

So this is either caused by a strange (but reproduceable) race-condition or
it somehow depends on the connecting ip address of the other side's server.

Thanks for reading,
- Alexander

Вложения