Re: CLUSTER equivalent

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: CLUSTER equivalent
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 05:09:51PM -0400, Kevin Murphy wrote:
> Neil Conway wrote:
>
> >Kevin Murphy wrote:
> >
> >>I just wanted to confirm that the COPY command always stores data in
> >>the table in the order in which it appears in the import file.
> >
> >This is not the case -- depending on the content of the FSM, the newly
> >added rows might be distributed throughout the table.
>
> How about for a freshly created, empty table -- I should have qualified
> my original statement.

In that particular case, the answer is yes.  As is if you TRUNCATE the
table just prior to the COPY.

--
Alvaro Herrera -- Valdivia, Chile         Architect, www.EnterpriseDB.com
"El destino baraja y nosotros jugamos" (A. Schopenhauer)

От: Kevin Murphy
Сообщение: Re: CLUSTER equivalent
От: Robert Fitzpatrick
Сообщение: Create a pg table from CSV with header rows