Re: bug #1702: nested composite types in plpgsql

От Roman Neuhauser
Тема Re: bug #1702: nested composite types in plpgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
# tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us / 2005-09-13 12:17:06 -0400:
> Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@sigpipe.cz> writes:
> > Looking at src/pl/plpgsql/src/pl_exec.c for the first time, is it a problem
> > of make_tuple_from_row() not accounting for nested composite types?
>
> Looks that way.  I've committed a fix to HEAD.  I'm not sure how hard
> it'd be to fix 8.0.

    Thanks for the fast fix, it's really appreciated.

    I tried to hammer[1] your patch[2] onto the REL8_0_STABLE branch
    (attached), but am getting

    ERROR:  out of memory
    DETAIL:  Failed on request of size 1073741823.
    CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function "breakme" while storing call arguments
    into local variables

    I'm sorry to be a nuisance, but is this interesting enough for
    someone in the know that they'd backport the patch into 8.0?

    [1] see attachment
    [2] http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/src/pl/plpgsql/src/pl_exec.c.diff?r1=1.151;r2=1.152

You don't know, man.  You don't KNOW.

Вложения