Re: buffer manager

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: buffer manager
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 04:38:27AM +0000, ravi chotalia wrote:
> hi
> i'm working on typical problem of comparing buffer manager's policies
> (MRU/LRU/FIFO) and working on postgresql 8-03 . I read old versiona and
> beta version and found 8-03 uses LRU 2q and the newer beta version is using
> simple LRU but this time global buffer lock is used removing vacum process
> in freelist. since i'm working on 8-03 and want to change my code as less
> as possible , is there any version where simple LRU is used with 8-0-3's
> vacum and BufferStrategyCDB stuff.

IIRC Neil Conway posted a patch to make 8.0.2 use LRU instead of ARC,
when the whole patent issue arised.  You could search that in the
archives.  OTOH, the current devel code uses an approach completely
different to both.

--
Alvaro Herrera -- Valdivia, Chile         Architect, www.EnterpriseDB.com
"¿Que diferencia tiene para los muertos, los huérfanos, y aquellos que han