Re: Setting date format for a single output column?

От Michael Schuerig
Тема Re: Setting date format for a single output column?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wednesday 14 September 2005 02:32, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 02:12:34AM +0200, Michael Schuerig wrote:
> > I'd like to get date columns in the results of a query in the
> > appropriate format (EUROPEAN, GERMAN). I've tried to set DATESTYLE
> > and it works as far as PgSQL is concerned. Unfortunately, though,
> > this confuses the date parsing of the O/R-Mapper I'm using[*]. Is
> > there a way to set the date style/format on a per column basis for
> > the result returned by a SELECT statement?
>
> You could SET datestyle just before issuing the query (so it's not a
> per-column answer, but per-query), or use the to_char() function
> instead of using the default output.

I had considered that, but I received a better suggestion by private
mail:

  Select to_char(date_column, 'dd/mm/yyyy') as date_column

Thanks to all who responded.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig                       Face reality and stare it down
mailto:michael@schuerig.de        --Jethro Tull, Silver River Turning