Re: Spinlocks, yet again: analysis and proposed patches

От Min Xu (Hsu)
Тема Re: Spinlocks, yet again: analysis and proposed patches
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 Tom Lane wrote :
> "Min Xu (Hsu)" <xu@cs.wisc.edu> writes:
> > ... As you said, however, experimental results
> > shows fetching read-only lines didn't help, which led me wonder whether the
> > second scenario your described was really happening.
>
> I don't know --- we haven't tried it.  I do intend to work up some
> patches for these ideas, and then we can test them.

I see. I look forward to it.

> Or, if you happen to be wide awake at the moment, feel free to take a
> shot at it ... I'm out of steam and won't get to it before tomorrow...

I am newbie here. Please don't let my comments discourage you from
doing anything. I enjoyed very much following your discussion and analysis
on this problem.

Сообщение: Re: 8.1 system info / admin functions
Сообщение: Re: 8.1 system info / admin functions