Setting date format for a single output column?

От Michael Schuerig
Тема Setting date format for a single output column?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'd like to get date columns in the results of a query in the
appropriate format (EUROPEAN, GERMAN). I've tried to set DATESTYLE and
it works as far as PgSQL is concerned. Unfortunately, though, this
confuses the date parsing of the O/R-Mapper I'm using[*]. Is there a way
to set the date style/format on a per column basis for the result
returned by a SELECT statement?

Michael

[*] Rails/ActiveRecord. The problem actually lies still deeper in Ruby's
parsedate standard lib method.

--
Michael Schuerig                          Thinking is trying to make up
mailto:michael@schuerig.de                for a gap in one's education.