Re: Materialized Views in PostgreSQL

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Materialized Views in PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jean-Michel,

> Are there any plans to integrate materialized views written in plain C in
> the future. This can help gain a lot of time in Web applications.

We actually have some university code implementing materialized view handling
in the planner code.   However, I keep not getting around to reviewing &
documenting it.

Jonathan's piece is actually an excellent article on how to implement
mattviews in user-space.   Mostly, it just needs to be linked from somewhere
in the PostgreSQL.org pages.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions