Re: Spinlocks, yet again: analysis and proposed patches

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Spinlocks, yet again: analysis and proposed patches
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> Kurt Roeckx <kurt@roeckx.be> writes:
> > On Sun, Sep 11, 2005 at 05:59:49PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> >> I kinda suspect that the cmpb test is a no-op or loss on all
> >> Intelish processors:
>
> > I think an important question is wether this is for x86_64 in
> > general, of opteron specific.  It could be that it's not the same
> > on Intel's EM64Ts.
>
> Good point --- anyone have one to try?

I've got one I can test on.  I need to upgrade the kernel and some other
things on it though (it's running 2.6.8 atm, and an older
Debian/unstable which I should probably bring up to current).

I'll work on it starting now and post results once I get some.
Stephen