Re: FAQ/HTML standard?

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: FAQ/HTML standard?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Saturday 10 September 2005 12:10, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Is there an HTML standard that we try to follow in our HTML docs such as
> FAQs?
>
> If there isn't an explicit standard, may I suggest that we adopt XHTML
> 1.0 as the standard?

Really the FAQ files need to be able to validate when viewed through the
postgresql website, where we use:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"   "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
I have corrected some markup in the past, but by no means would I say this has
been done thoroughly wrt the FAQ's.

FWIW I'm not against changing the source to docbook if someone wanted to be
really ambitious and convert all of the FAQ's to such a scheme (including the
text only ones) as long as we had a way to easily build them out of cvs and
into the website. I imagine my other web cohorts would probably think
similarly.

--
Robert Treat