Re: Acting on dropped/timed-out connections

От Roman Neuhauser
Тема Re: Acting on dropped/timed-out connections
Дата
Список pgsql-general
# mradev@gmail.com / 2005-09-08 11:31:25 +0300:
> We have a daemon programme that acts as a pgsql client. It writes in a
> DB the status of its own clients. And we have a different daemon that
> needs to read that status information and decide upon it. The problem
> is that the first daemon is a little fragile and from time to time it
> crashes. I need to be able to monitor its connection to the PgSQL and
> if it drops (times-out) to mark the status of all of its clients as
> "unavailable" or "unknown".

    Do you prefer knowing that the daemon failed, or having it
    automaticly restarted the very same moment it crashes? If the
    latter, take a look at djb's daemontools, or one of its open source
    lookalikes (http://smarden.org/runit/,
    http://offog.org/code/freedt.html).

You don't know, man.  You don't KNOW.