Re: Attention PL authors: want to be listed in template table?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Attention PL authors: want to be listed in template table?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Barring further changes, we'll have a hard-wired template list for
> 8.1 and a real system catalog in 8.2.  So there's a choice now for
> PLs that are not part of the core distribution: do you want to be
> listed in the hard-wired template?

Another note: PLs that are not in the core distribution are not created
with createlang in the first place, so the issues that led up to this
proposal don't apply AFAICT, that is:

- "pg_dump dumps them at a pretty low semantic level" --> pg_dump dumps
them at exactly the level they were created at.

- "problem with adding a validator" --> An update of PostgreSQL does not
change the properties of external modules

- "issues with hardwired paths to the shared libraries" --> This is an
issue with all loadable modules and needs a more general solution.
Basically, on a major version upgrade, we need to make the user
recompile all shared libraries.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL from source using MinGW
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL from source using MinGW