Re: Application bottlenecks

От Maximiliano Di Rienzo
Тема Re: Application bottlenecks
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi Carlos, we had the same problem with an application, with some queries the response taked much more time to get to the cliente than it taked to execute on the server.
Because we develop in Delphi we switch to postgresDAC, a commercial product, and the problem was solved, that's why i suspect the problem is in the ODBC driver instead of outside the server. Maybe you can send a sample table/query to the ODBC driver development group to analyze it...
Regards.

De: pgsql-odbc-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-odbc-owner@postgresql.org] En nombre de Carlos Henrique Reimer
Enviado el: miércoles, 07 de septiembre de 2005 8:24
Para: pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org
Asunto: [ODBC] Application bottlenecks

Hello,

We are using Cobol Microfocus and pgsqlODBC to access Postgresql.

Originally these applications only accessed Oracle databases without ODBC, only Procobol and now we´re migrating to Postgresql  and ODBC. The application logic doesn´t changed, but some applications have higher response times than the Oracle version. We worked on database tunning but even so, the response times are very different.

I turned on logging sql statemants in the server (log_duration) and discovered that the sum of all SQL duration times gives only 30% of the total response time felt at the client. This gives me a suspect that the bottleneck is outside the server.

Am I in the right way?

How can I discover the SQL duration times at the client? Is there some tool I could use?

Thanks in advance!

Reimer

Yahoo! Messenger com voz: PROMOÇÃO VOCÊ PODE LEVAR UMA VIAGEM NA CONVERSA. Participe!

Сообщение: Re: changed behavior in libpq odbc driver
Сообщение: Re: changed behavior in libpq odbc driver