Re: Mysteriously lost values in nodes

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Mysteriously lost values in nodes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 06:06:49PM +0200, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> [Please CC any replies, thanks]
>
> I added a field to each of Var, Const, FuncExpr and OpExpr which is set
> during parse_expr. But somewhere between the parsing and execution the
> values of these fields get reset back to NULL. But only for FuncExpr
> and OpExpr, for Var and Const it all works as expected.

Did you change the functions in src/backend/nodes/*funcs.c ?  Nodes are
copied using those.  Any time you change the definition of the node, you
need to change its equalfunc, copyfunc, outfunc, and readfunc, where
applicable.

--
Alvaro Herrera -- Valdivia, Chile         Architect, www.EnterpriseDB.com
"Pensar que el espectro que vemos es ilusorio no lo despoja de espanto,