Upgrading from 7.4 to 8.0.1

От Shanta McBain
Тема Upgrading from 7.4 to 8.0.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I have been trying to get my postgress installation to work. I install
upgrades to my system the update manager. Mandarack 10.2 Now I can't access
the database.

bash-3.00$ postmaster -D /var/lib/pgsql/data/
FATAL:  database files are incompatible with server
DETAIL:  The data directory was initialized by PostgreSQL version 7.4, which
is not compatible with this version 8.0.1.

I have been trying to find how to do this in the docs but not had any results
on finding the procedure. There was one mention of backing up the db and
restoring.

How to I upgrade the data set to access?

Also I have tried to create a new data set but get the fallowing error
createdb: could not connect to database template1:
How do I get a copy of the default tables?

--
Thanks
Shanta McBain