Re: LOG: unexpected EOF within message length word

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: LOG: unexpected EOF within message length word
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Sep 03, 2005 at 09:29:20AM +0530, Mavinakuli, Prasanna (STSD) wrote:
> here is the sample code which works fine and prints column
> lengths in HP-UX PA machines and breaks in HP-UX IA machines.

The code you posted works for me with PostgreSQL 8.0.3 on FreeBSD
4.11-STABLE/i386 and Solaris 9/sparc.  I don't know if there are
any issues with HP-UX IA; is there anything else different about
the two environments?  What versions of PostgreSQL are you using?

Aside from not being a complete program, the code you posted doesn't
quite match the problem description you gave initially: you said
you could send 40760 bytes, but that sending 40764 bytes caused the
connection to hang.  Is that an accurate description?  The code you
posted sends 3000000 bytes and several additional columns that might
not be relevant to the problem.

> I tried tusc (I sent that o/p in previuos mail.

I haven't seen that -- did you send it to the mailing list?

> Client opens a socket and starts to write.but after some send receive it
> goes to SLEEPING state)

How much data is written before this happens?  Are you using a local
(Unix socket) connection or a TCP connection?  If the latter, have
you run a sniffer on the connection to see if it shows anything
unusual (e.g., a closed window)?

--
Michael Fuhr