Re: Remove xmin and cmin from frozen tuples

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Remove xmin and cmin from frozen tuples
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Updated TODO:
>
> >         o Allow COPY on a newly-created table to skip WAL logging
>
> >           On crash recovery, the table involved in the COPY would
> >           have its heap and index files truncated.  One issue is
> >           that no other backend should be able to add to the table
> >           at the same time, which is something that is currently
> >           allowed.
>
> This is simply wrong.  (1) a table created in the current transaction
> isn't visible to anyone else, (2) the correct rollback state is for
> it not to be there, rather than be there and empty.

New text:
       o Allow COPY on a newly-created table to skip WAL logging
         On crash recovery, the table involved in the COPY would         removed or have its heap and index files
truncated. One         issue is that no other backend should be able to add to         the table at the same time,
whichis something that is         currently allowed.

I think we can lock a zero-length table and do this optimization.

Pennsylvania19073

Сообщение: Re: Remove xmin and cmin from frozen tuples
Сообщение: Re: Remove xmin and cmin from frozen tuples