Re: PG_PAGE_LAYOUT_VERSION - Should be Documented as 3?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: PG_PAGE_LAYOUT_VERSION - Should be Documented as 3?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 03:36:12PM +0000, Matt Miller wrote:

> But src/include/storage/bufpage.h says:
>
> "/*
>  * Page layout version number 0 is for pre-7.3 Postgres releases.
>  * Releases 7.3 and 7.4 use 1, denoting a new HeapTupleHeader layout.
>  * Release 8.0 changed the HeapTupleHeader layout again.
>  * Release 8.1 redefined HeapTupleHeader infomask bits.
>  */
> #define PG_PAGE_LAYOUT_VERSION      3"
>
> So, should the attached be applied?

Also it would be nice to include a patch to mention that piece of
documentation in the comment, so when we increment the version number
again we remember to update the docs.

--
Alvaro Herrera -- Valdivia, Chile         Architect, www.EnterpriseDB.com
Thou shalt check the array bounds of all strings (indeed, all arrays), for

Сообщение: Re: Remove xmin and cmin from frozen tuples
Сообщение: Re: Remove xmin and cmin from frozen tuples