Re: 8.1 and syntax checking at create time

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: 8.1 and syntax checking at create time
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 11:59:47AM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> There is a  difference between *syntax* errors and *sql* errors.    If a
> table does not exist, we don't want to check for that and bounce the
> function; possibly the function will only be called in a context where the
> table does exist.

It would still be nice to have, with a way to over-ride it, either via
an option to CREATE FUNCTION or with some directive to plpgsql itself
inside the function body (probably the most useful case since it allows
disabling error checking just where it's needed).
Pervasive Software        http://pervasive.com        512-569-9461

Сообщение: Re: 8.1 and syntax checking at create time
Сообщение: Re: 8.1 and syntax checking at create time