Re: 8.1 and syntax checking at create time

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: 8.1 and syntax checking at create time
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Matt,

> On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 11:59 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > If a table does not exist, we don't want to check for that and bounce
> > the function; possibly the function will only be called in a context
> > where the table does exist.
>
> The Pl/pgSQL compiler should be able to dive into SQL statements, hit
> the catalog, and bounce a function because of invalid database object
> references.  Ideally this capability could be turned off on demand.

Well, that would certainly be nice to have as an *additional* capability.
Patches welcome!

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

От: Tony Caduto
Сообщение: Re: 8.1 and syntax checking at create time
Сообщение: Re: 8.1 and syntax checking at create time