Re: TODO list comments

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: TODO list comments
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 03:44:18PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> > I *think* this is reffering to how pg_dump makes some assumptions about
> > what things are system objects.
> >
> > http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2005-08/msg00203.php
> > doesn't help a heck of a lot...
> >
> > Can we add an interface to the TODO list that contains search links back
> > to the mailing lists?
>
> Yes, that would be nice, though some times the threads are pretty long
> and I try to digest the agreed-upon solution.  Where would we put the
> URLs?  In the TODO file?

Yeah, the digestification is good, and I hope it continues. But it's
also good to be able to refer back to the original thread in it's
entirety. My thought was to make the TODO item itself a link to the
search (or ideally the thread itself). The advantage of just linking to
the search is that would allow a clever CGI to just parse through the
TODO and linkify the TODO items.
Pervasive Software        http://pervasive.com        512-569-9461

Сообщение: Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion
Сообщение: Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion