BUG #1843: pg_restore -O restores lowercase schemanaam

От D.J. Kniep
Тема BUG #1843: pg_restore -O restores lowercase schemanaam
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      1843
Logged by:          D.J. Kniep
Email address:      dick@kniep.nl
PostgreSQL version: 7.4.8
Operating system:   Linux (SuSE 9.3)
Details:

I make a backup using

pg_dump -f /tmp/dumpdb -F c -Z 5 cvix

When I try to restore this file, it fails with

postgres@linux:/tmp> pg_restore -O -d cvix2 /tmp/dumpdb
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  schema "Lindix"

does not exist

After checking, the schema lindix does exist (Note the lowercase l), but is
empty.

If I turn on statement logging, I see the following when running
pg_restore -O:

CREATE SCHEMA Test;

If I run pg_restore without -O, I see the following:

CREATE SCHEMA "Test" AUTHORIZATION postgres;

Off course this should be
CREATE SCHEMA "Test";