Re: [ADMIN] Data insert

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Data insert
Дата
Список pgsql-php
On Sat, Aug 20, 2005 at 01:17:55PM -0400, Postgres Admin wrote:
> I don't have any idea how to insert the type of data into PostgreSQL.
> Basically, it's encrypted data in which I would like that keep raw format.

If the data is binary then you could store it in a BYTEA column.  How
to get such data into the database depends on the client interface --
you could escape the data appropriately and embed it into an INSERT
statement, or you could use a parameterized query that either
transfers binary data using the PostgreSQL protocol (available in
7.4 and later) or automatically escapes the data.  See your interface
documentation for more information.

--
Michael Fuhr