Re: Query plan looks OK, but slow I/O - settings advice?

От Michael Stone
Тема Re: Query plan looks OK, but slow I/O - settings advice?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Sat, Aug 20, 2005 at 12:52:08AM -0600, Dan Harris wrote:
>On Aug 19, 2005, at 12:55 AM, Jeffrey W. Baker wrote:
>>   Have you considered booting your
>>machine with elevator=deadline?
>
>Although I'm not the OP for this problem, I thought I'd try it out.
>WOW.. this should be in a Pg tuning guide somewhere.
[snip]
>16-drive RAID 10

Yeah, the default scheduler tries to optimize disk access patterns for a
single-spindle setup, and actually makes things worse if you have a
device with multiple spindles.

Mike Stone

Сообщение: Re: extremly low memory usage
Сообщение: Re: extremly low memory usage