Re: question about plpgsql replace function

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: question about plpgsql replace function
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 11:11:31AM -0500, Tony Caduto wrote:
> I want to replace the CRLF with  a comma so I can use the email
> addresses in another app, so I thought I would do this:
>
> thearray = replace(mandi_notifications,'/r/n',',');
>
> but it does not work.

Your slashes are leaning the wrong direction.  Try this:

thearray := replace(mandi_notifications, '\r\n', ',');

Sometimes the number of backslashes (\) matters; see "Tips for
Developing in PL/pgSQL" in the documentation for discussion.

--
Michael Fuhr