Re: Performance pb vs SQLServer.

От: Stéphane COEZ
Тема: Re: Performance pb vs SQLServer.
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Performance pb vs SQLServer.  (Stéphane COEZ, )
 Re: Performance pb vs SQLServer.  (John Arbash Meinel, )
  Re: Performance pb vs SQLServer.  ("Steinar H. Gunderson", )
   Re: Performance pb vs SQLServer.  (John Arbash Meinel, )
   Re: Performance pb vs SQLServer.  (Tom Lane, )
    Re: Performance pb vs SQLServer.  ("Steinar H. Gunderson", )
  Re: Performance pb vs SQLServer.  ("Steinar H. Gunderson", )
  Re: Performance pb vs SQLServer.  (Stéphane COEZ, )
 Re: Performance pb vs SQLServer.  (, )
  Re: Performance pb vs SQLServer.  (Stéphane COEZ, )
 Re: Performance pb vs SQLServer.  ("Magnus Hagander", )
  Re: Performance pb vs SQLServer.  (Stéphane COEZ, )
 Re: Performance pb vs SQLServer.  ("Magnus Hagander", )
  Re: Performance pb vs SQLServer.  (Alvaro Herrera <-ip.org>, )
  Re: Performance pb vs SQLServer.  ("Qingqing Zhou", )
   Re: Performance pb vs SQLServer.  (John A Meinel, )

> One little thing. Did you shutdown sql2000 while testing
> postgresql? Remember that postgresql uses system cache.
> Sql2000 uses a large part of memory as buffer and it will not
> be available to operating system. I must say that, probably,
> results will be the same, but it will be a better test.

Shutting done SQL2000 has no effect on PG performancies.

Stephane.

Сообщение: Re: sustained update load of 1-2k/sec
Сообщение: Re: sustained update load of 1-2k/sec