Re: psql SET/RESET/SHOW tab completion

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: psql SET/RESET/SHOW tab completion
Дата
Re: psql SET/RESET/SHOW tab completion  (Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Aug 13, 2005 at 10:33:55AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> writes:
> > I count about 65 variables that SHOW shows that are missing from
> > pgsql_variables in tab-complete.c.  Does the list intentionally
> > omit certain variables?
>
> It's intentional that the tab completion not list every single variable;
> I think if it did, it would be less useful not more so.  However the
> decisions about which to omit have been less consistent than they
> perhaps should be, and I'm sure there were some omitted purely through
> oversight.  It would be good to go through the whole list and see
> exactly what's missing or superfluous.

Here's the list I came up with -- variables that SHOW shows that
aren't in psql's completion list.

archive_command
authentication_timeout
autovacuum
autovacuum_analyze_scale_factor
autovacuum_analyze_threshold
autovacuum_naptime
autovacuum_vacuum_cost_delay
autovacuum_vacuum_cost_limit
autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor
autovacuum_vacuum_threshold
bgwriter_all_maxpages
bgwriter_all_percent
bgwriter_delay
bgwriter_lru_maxpages
bgwriter_lru_percent
block_size
bonjour_name
check_function_bodies
checkpoint_segments
checkpoint_timeout
checkpoint_warning
config_file
custom_variable_classes
data_directory
db_user_namespace
escape_string_warning
external_pid_file
full_page_writes
hba_file
ident_file
integer_datetimes
krb_caseins_users
krb_server_hostname
krb_server_keyfile
krb_srvname
lc_collate
lc_ctype
listen_addresses
log_connections
log_directory
log_disconnections
log_filename
log_hostname
log_line_prefix
log_rotation_age
log_rotation_size
log_truncate_on_rotation
max_function_args
max_identifier_length
max_index_keys
max_prepared_transactions
pre_auth_delay
preload_libraries
redirect_stderr
server_version
silent_mode
standard_compliant_strings
transaction_isolation
transaction_read_only
vacuum_cost_delay
vacuum_cost_limit
vacuum_cost_page_dirty
vacuum_cost_page_hit
vacuum_cost_page_miss
zero_damaged_pages

--
Michael Fuhr

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Beta time approaching
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: psql SET/RESET/SHOW tab completion