Re: NULL value without indicator in line 250.

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: NULL value without indicator in line 250.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 04:43:50PM +0100, Nigel Horne wrote:
> Has anyone got any pointers to how to define an null indicator
> variable to get over the above cryptic message?

Without more information we can only guess.  The only place in the
PostgreSQL source code that contains the string "NULL value without
indicator" is in the ECPG code, so I'll guess that you're using
ECPG and doing something like this:

  EXEC SQL SELECT somecolumn INTO :foo FROM sometable WHERE id = 1234;

If that's the case, then see "Indicators" in the ECPG documentation.
Here's a link to the latest version:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/ecpg-variables.html#AEN25258

If that's not what you're doing, then please provide more information.

--
Michael Fuhr