Re: Installing postgres on win XP

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Installing postgres on win XP
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers-win32
Dave Page wrote:

> [...]
specifically,I don't think it extracts the rest of the files in the archive like it seems to for some installers,
perhapsbecause it doesn't recognise msi files and treat them like it might for 'setup.exe' files. In our case, it
doesn'tfind the main installer database, so it bootstraps and gets the language, then fails when it trys to go any
further.

> > and can
> > that be fixed?
>
> Extract first, then run. Or get Winzip fixed.

I was thinking of when I open using "Open With ... Compressed (Zip)
Folders" from the XP menu --- that does not work.  It says the download
is corrupt.

От: "Dave Page"
Сообщение: Re: Installing postgres on win XP
От: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Сообщение: Re: problem with MyBackendId