Re: Why pgsql function is working on vers 8.0/windows and not on ver 7.3.2/rad hat?

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Why pgsql function is working on vers 8.0/windows and not on ver 7.3.2/rad hat?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 01:52:41PM +0300, in-consulting.net wrote:
> I'm using a type defined by me: output_mt, on the function
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION happy()
>   RETURNS SETOF output_mt AS....
> and when I want to initialize from another function:
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION msg()
>   RETURNS output_mt AS....
> as: output_mt=msg();
> it gaves me:
> WARNING:  plpgsql: ERROR during compile of happy near line xx
> ERROR:  parse error at or near "output_mt".
> Why is this working on version 8.0 with windows and not on version 7.3.2 on linux, how can I solve this problem, do I
needa cast or something ?

Could we see a complete example?  It would be easier to say what
the problem is if we could see the actual code and an unedited error
message.

Is output_mt a composite type?  8.0 does have better support for
composite types than previous versions; it also has better syntax
checking for PL/pgSQL functions.

--
Michael Fuhr