Re: Remote administration functionality

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Remote administration functionality
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Dave Page (dpage@vale-housing.co.uk) wrote:
> > This isn't actually an argument against my proposal.  The
> > admin doesn't
> > edit pg_shadow using vi because it's understood to be 'owned' by the
> > database.  The same would be true of 'pg_hba' in my solution.
>
> Only if it were moved to a different location and renamed. Otherwise
> people would be bound to try to edit it as that is what they have done
> for years.

Sure, it could be moved/renamed to avoid confusion.  Seems like alot
better than having the database try to deal with user-editable files,
which are in a format that's intended to be user-editable though.
Thanks,
    Stephen

Сообщение: Re: Remote administration functionality
Сообщение: Re: Remote administration functionality