Re: Remote administration functionality

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Remote administration functionality
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andreas Pflug wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>

> >>Isn't the pg_hba.conf situation quite the same as postgresql.conf? The
> >>GUCs with pg_settings is the GUC like a table, but with comments that
> >>exceed config_generic.long_desc.
> >

> > Well, pg_hba.conf is ordered,
>
>  From a text editor user's view, postgresql.conf is ordered too.  I'd be
> annoyed if some function would screw it up; same with comments which are
> deliberately placed where they are.

True, but there is no purpose to modify the ordering of postgresql.conf,
while with pg_hba.conf, there is a need to do that.  Also,
postgresql.conf has a fixed set of lines, while pg_hba.conf doesn't.

> > which is different, and it more of a
> > columnar values that postgresql.conf.
>
> Hm, pg_settings gives me the same picture.

Yes, we could use that for updates, rather than SET GLOBAL.  Good point.
However, it seems SET GLOBAL is a cleaner API, while we can't use such a
nice API for pg_hba.conf.

Pennsylvania19073

Сообщение: Re: Remote administration functionality
Сообщение: Re: Remote administration functionality