Re: [Testperf-general] dbt2 & opteron performance

От Mark Wong
Тема Re: [Testperf-general] dbt2 & opteron performance
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 13:35:32 -0700
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

> Mark,
>
> > I have done that before actually, when the tablespace patch came out.  I
> > was able to get almost 40% more throughput with half the drives than
> > striping all the disks together.
>
> That's not the figures you showed me.   In your report last year it was 14%,
> not 40%.

Sorry I wasn't clear, I'll elaborate.  In the BOF at LWE-SF 2004, I did
report a 13% improvement but at the same time I also said I had not
quantified it as well as I would have liked and was still working on a
better physical disk layout.  For LWE-Boston 2005, I did a little better
and reported 35% (and misquoted myself to say 40%) here in these slides:

http://developer.osdl.org/markw/presentations/lwebos2005bof.sxi

In that test I still had not separated the primary keys into separate
tablespaces.  I would imagine there is more throughput to be gained by
doing that.  I have the build scripts do that now, but again haven't
quite quantified it yet.

Mark

Сообщение: Re: [Testperf-general] dbt2 & opteron performance
Сообщение: Re: [Testperf-general] dbt2 & opteron performance