Re: Megabytes of stats saved after every connection

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Megabytes of stats saved after every connection
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 09:08:28AM -0400, Jeff Trout wrote:

> On Jul 28, 2005, at 2:40 PM, Jan Wieck wrote:
>
> >Then again, the stats file is only written. There is nothing that
> >actually forces the blocks out. On a busy system, one individual
> >stats file will be created, written to,
>
> If one is running with stats_reset_on_server_start true (the default)
> do we even need this file if it is never read?
>
> To help alleviate his problem could he symlink it to /dev/null?

If you don't want the stat collector to run, you can disable it.  No
need to play games with a useless pgstat file.

Anyway -- I see this as an argument in favor of the ability to
deactivate stats on a per-database basis.

"The important things in the world are problems with society that we don't
understand at all. The machines will become more complicated but they won't
be more complicated than the societies that run them."    (Freeman Dyson)