transaction timeout

От Dr NoName
Тема transaction timeout
Дата
Re: transaction timeout  (Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,

We are using PostgreSQL in a mission-critical
application. For the most part it works really well.
However, we are repeatedly running into one problem:
sometimes our client application hangs while in
transaction and that locks up the entire database, so
that nothing else can access it. It seems silly that a
single client can bring the entire database to its
knees. What we really need to remedy this situation is
a transaction timeout. (no *not* statement timeout,
*transaction* timeout). I want postgresql to kill a
transaction that has been idle for more than N
seconds. I asked for this feature two years ago, but
AFAIK it is still not available. Any chance it could
be implemented in the next release?

thanks a lot,

Eugene