Re: DST and potential changes thereto

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: DST and potential changes thereto
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Timezones are implemented using timezones files which contain info
about daylight savings since forever. When/if the change happens a new
set of timezone files should be released. Copy over the one for your
area and you're fine.

Postgresql may use it's own system, I think it depends on the version.
But the same principle applies.

This I what I did when Sydney moved the daylight savings for the
Olympics. I got the file and copied it to all my linux machines. OTOH
the windows machines I never worked out how to do it...

Hope this helps,

On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 10:44:49AM -0700, Steve Crawford wrote:
> With the U.S. Government poised to tinker with Daylight Saving Time, I
> have a couple questions.
>
> 0) Does PG rely on system-level TZ info or will specific updates to PG
> be required?  I'm interested in *nix but the Windows folks are
> probably interested, too.
>
> 1) However a change is implemented, what will be the effect on queries
> for historical data? Will the localtime be correct for all dates
> whether before or after the change?
>
> Perhaps we will still dodge this bullet. But with the House and Senate
> recently reaching an agreement, the change is appearing ever more
> likely.
>
> Cheers,
> Steve

Вложения