Re: Connection error

От WA Pennant & Flag Displays - Darren
Тема Re: Connection error
Список pgsql-general

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Richard Huxton
Sent: Friday, 22 July 2005 15:31
To: Richard Sydney-Smith
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Connection error

Richard Sydney-Smith wrote:
> An associate is using Postgresql 8 on a windows xp system. The
> installation has been operating for several months and he has recently
> tried installing some software and postgresql has begun refusing
> connection " could not receive server response to SSL negotiation packet".
>
> Unfortunately he is unable to tell me what was done! We have tried
> turning off the firewall, opening connections to "trust" but so far have
> not been able to connect.

Do you get different messages with SSL disabled?
Can you connect with psql locally?
Can you connect with psql via localhost?

Quickest solution is probably to run ethereal on each end (I think
there's a Windows version) and see what messages are going back and
fore. I'd still suspect a firewall or client library problem.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd