Re: Insert into ... Select ... From ... too intelligent transaction

От Roman Neuhauser
Тема Re: Insert into ... Select ... From ... too intelligent transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-general
# Juergen.Rose@sag-el.com / 2005-07-21 19:11:04 +0200:
> I use some updateable views to handle my data (which are amazingly
> slow), which gives me ultimate flexibility to handle my data.
>
> there are some insert rules which use currval() to get the last
> sequence id for my data which I have to insert.
>
> The problem now is, it works fine if I do the statement via normal
> insert into satatements, even within a transaction block. So far so
> good. But If I migrate my old data via **Insert into my_new_view
> Select ... From my_old_table**, Only the last retrieved value of the
> sequences is used which blows my whole internal logic, because
> obviously I want to use the current (for that row) and not the last
> id.

    What does the code look like?

You don't know, man.  You don't KNOW.

От: "Thomas F. O'Connell"
Сообщение: ROW SHARE vs. ACCESS EXCLUSIVE; UPDATE vs. SELECT ... FOR UPDATE
От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Going to OSCON? We need your help!