Re: Wishlist?

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: Wishlist?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 07:10:03PM +1000, Ezequiel Tolnay wrote:
> > * Create a ROWSET variable type in plpgsql that would function like a
> > temporary but in-memory table. Support for it would have to be added for
> > plpgsql's SELECT, UPDATE and DELETE statements.
>
> How is this different from a temporary table?

I'd expect they'd scope "correctly" in cases of recursive calls and the
like. So, if the recursive call wanted its own, it wouldn't have to try to
find an unused temporary table name.  Offhand, I'm not sure if that'd
really be useful in practice once temporary tables in plpgsql didn't
require one to jump through hoops, but it has some niceness.