Re: Creating a database with psql

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Creating a database with psql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 11:28:23AM +0200, Josef Springer wrote:
> i want to automate the startup of my database. So i have to create first
> an user and a database, second the schema, all with psql. But how can i
> create a database with psql if no database exist ?

When you first install PostgreSQL, you run initdb to initialize a
cluster.  This creates a few default databases and a database
superuser.  Then you start the backend and make connections to it
using psql or some other client.  See the "Server Administration"
part of the documentation for more information:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/admin.html

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/