User Context Variables

От Shawn Garbett
Тема User Context Variables
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
I need to trap some audit information in PostgreSQL.
Currently we have it working Oracle and it stores the
authenticated user in the sys_context so that a
trigger just does a "select userenv('client_info')
from dual;" and all the necessary magic is handled.
The reasons for this are complex, it involves
connection pooling, detached web sessions, etc. It's a
very elegant solution when using Oracle.

I'm having trouble figuring out how to do it in
PostgreSQL. So what I need is a way to save a single
value in a connection for a set of triggers to use
that is only valid during a transaction. A place to
store a user variable like sys context would work, a
temporary table would work, or some mysterious
function that did the equivalent would work. I can't
figure out if these are possible under PostgreSQL.

Shawn