Problem with Cygwin 1.5.18

От Support
Тема Problem with Cygwin 1.5.18
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin

Hello!

I’ve updated today to Cygwin 1.5.18 because I wanted to install PostgreSQL 7.4.5.1.

Six months ago I installed Cygwin + PostgreSQL without problem, but today, with this new Cygwin, it’s totally impossible install anything. I follow http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ_CYGWIN.html but when I run the next command:

initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -W -E LATIN1

It doesn’t create the dir “data” and returns a error related with “cp” and “/dev/null.exe”

Well, I tried to install PostgreSQL 8, and using before of “/usr/sbin/cygserver &” the command “export CYGWIN=server” I can run

initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -W -E LATIN1

with a success, but the problem comes later, when

postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/data

returns a “segmentation fault (core dumped)”.

I’ve tried ALL in this world and I’ve been reading forums, FAQs, everything… but nothing :(

I’m crazy :( And the most terrible is I need for today PostgreSQL working…

Thanks in advance, please, write me back as soon as posible.

Technical Support

NovaElec

tel: 902 38 00 00

fax: 956 86 06 49