Re: Make COUNT(*) Faster?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Make COUNT(*) Faster?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 06:08:03PM +0200, PFC wrote:

> >which wouldn't have helped.)  If true, I can handle that parsing myself
> >easily enough without exposing RelationGetNumberOfBlocks.
>
>     Is there a way to get EXPLAIN results in a non-text-formatted way
>     for  easier use ?
>     I'm asking, because it seems the feature set grows by the minute in
> posgres nowadays...

Not yet, but a friend of mine was working on a patch to make it output
in a custom XML format, to be able to create a tool similar to Redhat's
Visual Explain.  I expect he will show up in pgsql-hackers sometime ...

In spanish: http://www.ubiobio.cl/~gpoo/weblog/archives/000397.html

"Find a bug in a program, and fix it, and the program will work today.
Show the program how to find and fix a bug, and the program
will work forever" (Oliver Silfridge)