dump the database data

От Tony Smith
Тема dump the database data
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I have tables create by:

create table address(
    id serial PRIMARY KEY,
    ...);

create table user(
    id serial PRIMARY KEY,
    name text not NULL,
    addressId integer REFERENCES address(id) NOT NULL,
    UNIQUE(name)
);

I have used the database for sometime and now I would
like to do a dump and put the data to a sql file. I
used

   pg_dump -d ....

In my dump file I found the insert statements
something like:

    INSERT into user values(5, "George", 1);
    INSERT into user values(6, "Richard", 3);
    INSERT into user values(7, "Pete", 6);

I create the same tables in another database and run
the above insert statement, the data was inserted, but
the seq of user is not updated, it is still pointed to
one. What is wrong?

Thans,