Re: getting back autonumber just inserted

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: getting back autonumber just inserted
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 05:03:37 +0200, PFC <lists@boutiquenumerique.com> wrote:

>     It's the first time I see a MySQLism in postgres !

This has meaning in more ways than one.

>     However I like it, cos it might subvert some MySQL users, and
>     provide  easy answers to The Weekly Question on the mailing list (ie where
> is  AUTO_INCREMENT) ?

More likely people will shoot themselves in the foot with this feature and come
to the mailing list with questions that take even more time to figure out
than telling them how to use currval(pg_get_serial_sequence().

IMO it is a bad idea to include this feature and that no sane developer will
make use of it in applications.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: