Re: getting back autonumber just inserted

От Theodore Petrosky
Тема Re: getting back autonumber just inserted
Дата
Re: getting back autonumber just inserted  (Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org>)
Re: getting back autonumber just inserted  (Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org>)
Список pgsql-sql
you have to use currval inside a transaction...

begin;
insert something that increments the counter;
select currval('sequence_name');
end;

using currval inside a transaction guarantees that the
value is correct for your insert statement and has not
changed by another insert statement.

Ted

--- mail TechEvolution <mail@techevolution.be> wrote:

> hello
>
> i ame a newbie to PostGreSQL, I ame using PostGreSQL
> 8.0
> (windowsinstaller) on a xp prof platform
>
> i would like to get back the autonumber from the
> last record inserted,
> for other SQL db (m$ sql db ...) i could use:
> SELECT @@ IDENTITY
>
> can someone help me by informing me what the SQL
> syntax is to be used
> with PostGreSQL db and get the same result, the last
> autonumber inserted?
>
> greeTz
>
> wes

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: getting back autonumber just inserted
Сообщение: Re: getting back autonumber just inserted